Friday, February 21, 2014

My Motatater is Toe Up

That's right, it's toe up from the floe up!  The radiator isn't radiating, the alternator isn't alternating, the crank shaft isn't cranking and the pistons aren't, um....working either.  But, don't fear.  I know a guy.  And, my guy says he can make it work again.  Remember that valve I showed you that was supposed to be flush?  He says that unleaded gas was the cause!  Remember, in 1964 all gas had lead in it.  Then, the EPA made leaded gas a thing of the past.  But, my machinist says he can put new heat treated valve seats in the engine so that it will be able to run on modern gas.


So, here's what's is going to happen next... The engine will get new valve seats, new head gasket, honed cylinders, shaved head and block (so that will mate up cleanly), new camshaft, new main bearings, new rod bearings, new oil pump, new timing gears, new pistons, new wrist pins and rings, all new gaskets and seals.  And all in all, just a new lease on life.  It will literally be better than it was in 1964.  



I cleaned one of the push rods before I took his picture.  Can you tell which one? 

What do you think?  Is it time to clean up the transmission?  Yeah, maybe so.




No comments:

Post a Comment