Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I Ain't Got No Body... Cha Cha Cha


Ok, even if you're not a fan of Mel Brooke's Young Frankenstein you still have to appreciate the fact that this truck ain't got no body atall.  We pulled the cab off and then started getting the frame prepped for paint.

 We started by pressure washing the frame and using a wire wheel to remove gunk from it.  This is before the washing. 


After burning two tankfuls of gas through my pressure washer, I pushed the frame back inside to see if I could scrape off any more debris.  This is what the shop floor looked like after the fact.


Then it went back outside for more pressure washing.  Then, I sprayed on some Ospho which is phosphoric acid.  It changes the chemical composition of rust and makes it inert.  It turns it black too.

Here are the before and after pictures.  Before.


After.


Next, we finish prepping and paint the frame.  



No comments:

Post a Comment