Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Smurf Engine

I really can't believe that anyone reads this blog, but I sure have had a lot of requests to keep posting.  We've been traveling quite a bit, but now we're back home and working hard.  

Well, I got the pistons in only to find that they were trying to escape from the block.  When the number one cylinder was Top Dead Center (TDC) it stuck up above the block above 75 thousandths of an inch.  That's not good since the head is a flush fit.  So, we had to get new pistons that were about a quarter inch shorter.


Practice makes perfect.  I had to install the pistons twice.  Then, it went back together quickly.  


Here it is largely assembled and prepped for paint.  I am told that the old Chevy straight sixes were painted Chevy Blue, not orange as I had thought.

So, here's the Smurf engine!  It's not easy being blue...  Or is that green?  Anyway, I'm about ready to put it back on the frame.  More to come! 







No comments:

Post a Comment