Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Phun with Physics


Ok, boys and girls it's time to have fun with physics.  The flywheel on the HOT truck have some missing teeth.  So, this means when we try to start the engine it would very likely just grind instead.  So, I decided to replace just the ring gear.  A new flywheel costs $150 and a new ring gear was $15.  We can all do that math right?   OK, let's learn something...

Phun with Physics

Phun Phact, right after we shot this video the ring gear seated on the flywheel within seconds.  It is interesting to me that there is so much force introduced by the starter and transferred to the flywheel through the ring gear without anything holding it there.  I'm sorry, it is Amazing to me!

Next, I had to get the left front brake squared away before I could put the engine on the frame.  Once, the brake is done, I can roll the frame back outside and mate the engine to the frame.  Here is a shot of the brake before any work was started.

 And, this is what it looked like after everything was cleaned up.  Lori wanted to know why one of the new springs is green...  Everything is green in the spring, duh!  


Next, we put the engine on the frame!  

No comments:

Post a Comment