Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Looks like a boat, but there's a lotta work left to do

Well, its looking pretty good, but there's still a lot to do.  I did some sanding on the exterior seams and flipped the frame to start on the inside. 
I installed the motor support T on the transom.  I used exterior grade wood back there (it's green) just because that's all I had "in stock".


It's good to be inside when it looks like this outside...

I've ordered the fiberglass fabric to sheath the outside of the hull and fiberglass tape to cover all the seams on the inside.  I still need to run to Lowe's home and marine supply to find something to use for the gunwales (top of the sides).  More to come, stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. So I started reading your blog on this entry, not going back to the beginning until after, and I thought to myself, those are really rough and silly looking seats Dennis has in that boat. Then I went backwards and found their origin and grinned, but I did notice the Killians, so maybe those are seats after all.

    ReplyDelete