Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Avengers to the Rescue!

Well, good news!  After I power washed the bottom of the cab, I found that all of the rust damage was limited to outboard of the longitudnal supports.  What does that mean?  Well all of the damage was on the outside of the floorpans and none on the inside.  This is really good news because it means we can paint the bottom and front, then set it back on the frame.  And, that's just what we did.  However, Lori and I couldn't lift it (we tried).  So, we called our daughter Maggie (aka Nick Fury) who quickly assembled the team of young people to put the cab back on the frame.  Maggie and all her "Peeps" swooped in and saved the day.  I'm very sorry that I didn't get pictures of the operation, but it was over in mere seconds.  Good job Avengers!!

Here's a shot of the bottom after two pressure washing sessions and acid treatment.



So, now that the cab is back on the frame, I can fix the rust damage with it in place.  I also have a lot of other work that can be done.  I spent all day prepping the dash for paint.  Here's what it looked like once I got all the old paint off.


Black is the new orange, right?  Here's the dash with a handsome coat of black primer.   Hmmmmm.  I kinda like the flat black.  More to come.








No comments:

Post a Comment