Monday, December 20, 2010

Boat Building 101

Well, I decided I needed a boat and a winter project.  So...  I'm building a boat and I'm going to blog about it.  It's all Lori's fault really.  She bought a book for me called "Build the New Instant Boats" by Harold Payson.  The boat I've settled on is called the Diablo.  It's a 15 1/2 ft. boat that is made of plywood and covered with fiberglass.  It should be good for some fishing and camping trips I have in mind.  I think it'll be fun to build the boat and keep a log of all the progress.  So far, I've got the plywood (1 piece of 3/4, 2 pieces of 1/2 inch, and 4 pieces of 1/4 inch). And, I've even cut some of the pieces out.  Lori and I went to Bayboro today and picked up some bronze nails, stainless steel screws, fiberglass resin and quilting fabric.  O.K. the quilting fabric isn't for the boat, but what are you going to do when you drive RIGHT by a quilt shop?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere my sweet SIL! Yep, it's official. You are a GENIUS! I heard that somewhere. Oh, yeah. It was from you!

    Glad you're going to blog through this - will be fun to watch the progress. I've already saved you to my favorites! But then, you've known you were my favorite for years, haven't you?

    ReplyDelete